If your mouth frequently feels like a desert, contact Plainfield, Indiana dentist Rod Eccles, DDS to get relief from your dry mouth.
Everyone’s mouth feels dry sometimes, but if it’s become a major problem for you, Dr. Eccles and our friendly team can help determine the cause and find solutions for you.
Get Relief From Dry Mouth
If you’re experiencing chronic dryness of mouth, Plainfield, Indiana dentist Dr. Eccles will first narrow down possible sources of the problem. There are many potential causes to this issue, including:
- Certain medications
- Autoimmune disorders, like Sjogren’s syndrome
- Cancer therapy, especially chemotherapy and radiation
- Use of a CPAP for sleep apnea
Plainfield, Indiana dentist Dr. Eccles will recommend products and at-home remedies that will relieve your dry mouth.
Common Symptoms Of Dry Mouth
If your mouth is consistently not producing enough saliva, you may be experiencing several symptoms you don’t realize are potentially related. Some of the common symptoms of dry mouth include:
- Difficulty chewing and/or speaking
- Trouble swallowing
- Cracked lips and dry throat
- Bad breath
- Reduced sense of taste
Why Saliva Is So Important
If left untreated, it can lead to other oral health and medical issues. This is because sufficient saliva is very important for your overall health. Not only does saliva keep your mouth moist, it also helps:
- Aid the digestion process
- Protect your teeth from decay
- Prevent infection from bacteria in your mouth
At-Home Remedies For Dry Mouth
Because every case of this is unique, Plainfield, Indiana dentist Dr. Eccles will help come up with custom solutions for you. In the meantime, here are a few tips you can try on your own:
- Avoid caffeinated beverages
- Sip water and sugarless beverages throughout the day
- Use sugarless hard candy and gum to stimulate saliva production
- Try over-the-counter moistening products
Get relief from dry mouth and call Plainfield, Indiana dentist Rod Eccles, DDS at 317-682-0884 to schedule your appointment. You can also use our online form. Dr. Rod Eccles is a certified member of Indiana Dental Association, American Dental Association and other top dental associations in the country.