- Composite fillings blend into your smile
- Metal fillings withstand heavy chewing pressure
- Enjoy pain-free local anesthesia with The Wand®
Don’t wait to take care of cavities. Left untreated, they can turn into more serious issues like infected teeth. With our tooth fillings in Plainfield, Dr. Eccles can help you solve dental problems while they’re still small so you can avoid more complicated restorative dentistry procedures in the future.
Dental fillings will:
- Keep decay from getting into the pulp inside teeth, where it can become infected
- Relieve tooth pain caused by cavities
- Protect your tooth from further damage
- Allow you to comfortably chew food
Think you may need a filling? Call us today at 317-682-0884.
Choose From Two Kinds Of Dental Fillings
Unlike some practices, Dr. Eccles offers both metal and composite tooth fillings to stop tooth decay and repair your teeth. We will help you determine whether you should choose:
- Composite Fillings – Since they are made from a tooth-colored material and do not contain any metal, they’re a perfect option for patients who do not want their fillings to stick out in their smile. We will color-match them to the rest of your teeth.
- Metal Fillings – Also called amalgam fillings, these are very strong and durable, making them especially well-suited for your back teeth, or molars. Dr. Eccles may recommend amalgam fillings depending on the extent of damage and location of your damaged tooth.
Regardless of which option you choose, your treatment will be comfortable thanks to The Wand® computer-assisted anesthesia delivery system.
You May Need a Crown Instead
Not all teeth can be restored with tooth fillings. In some cases, we need to use stronger materials to protect the tooth from future decay and keep it functional for years to come. Dental crowns help us restore beauty and function to your teeth and can be placed over two quick visits. Here are a few reasons you might need a dental crown:
- Addressing extensive tooth decay
- Repairing cracks or break
- Repairing worn teeth
- Restoring teeth after root canal therapy
- Restoring dental implants
Try Our Tips To Avoid Tooth Decay
When you visit us, we will help you avoid cavities by providing nutritional counseling and oral hygiene advice. Here are a few tips to help prevent cavities from forming:
- Brush at least twice and floss once daily
- Avoid sugary or starchy foods
- Visit our office for regular dental cleanings and exams
If you have a cavity or suspect you might, visit Rod Eccles, DDS for comfortable tooth fillings in Plainfield. Call us at 317-682-0884 or .